Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 10 - Half-way there

It was great having Nathan here last night because Oliver chose this night to be a lot of trouble.  He woke up super early on top of his bad night of sleep.  When he does that he doesn't wake up quite early enough to go down for a nap before the first dive and it throws everything off.

1st Dive-
Sound- Fell asleep but woke up when the sound went off and he heard another boy

So we didn't even try to get him back down for a nap - it wouldn't work but he does need more sleep.  We played at the apartment until it was time to go back.

2nd- same as the first except for the sound we decided to keep him awake so that he would take a better nap at home.  There was an alphabet toy- it was wood with each letter on a block that was on a dowell rod and spun around and he played with that for 20 minutes.  I've never seen a toy hold his attention for so long. 

Instead of a nap at home though Nathan decided to take him for a hike.  That gave me several hours to... I can't remember what I did but it was nice to have peace and quiet.  I'm sure I napped.  And then we all ate dinner together and got Oliver ready for bed.  He's been falling asleep still around 7:15 and waking around 5:15 with a few times up just to be comforted and one time up for milk.  Nathan went in to get him around 11 and said he had slid halfway off the bed.  I had him propped on pillows even though his reflux is gone - it's just easier for me to get away once I lay him down.  Now that he's moving more we'll have to be more careful but of course the bed it just a mattress on the floor so falling off of it doesn't mean too much. 

Nathan and I had a chance to catch up and watch the movie Up and we're heading to Boone Friday for dinner before he has to leave again.

No comments:

Post a Comment