Monday, November 9, 2009

Treatment Day 7- Monday- Start of Sound Harmonics (AIT)

Oliver went down last night at 7:15 and slept for 6 hours.  And I hadn't even given the valium.  He still got less than his avg 10 hours of sleep but it was an easier night.  There is a chart at the center for how bad ears can look.  He was a grade 4 out of 5 on Saturday and this morning the technician that checked him said he looked like a grade 2. 

1st Dive- I sent him in with water to help clear his ears and he had garlic oil in them to prevent the canal from closing up with a pressure block and they all said he seemed to do much better.  I have to admit I had run back to the apartment.  I had stuff to do but also didn't want to hear him cry but they said he was fine.  He was pretty happy after the treatment but instead of playing we had to go into the sound room for sound harmonics.  I'll do a separate post on it soon.  He fell asleep for 20 minutes during and after the sound and I had to wake him because between him sleeping on me and Roo kicking me I just couldn't put off a bathroom break any longer.

We went for a walk along another flat road that I found.

2nd Dive- he again did well with his ears which were still a grade 2 when checked before going in.  Our sound session is always after the dive so we went in and this time he was more aggitated but fell asleep at the end and might have had a 30 minute nap. 

I didn't know what else to do with him for the rest of the day- we drove in the town for more socks.  They are so small they're easy to lose.  He had a bit of fun tonight with his new game of trying to throw himself off the edge of the bed.  It's awful but it's the only way I could think of to teach him to use his body to move places.  I put him on the edge, he rolls onto his side and gravity helps prove the point that he's using his body to move.  I encourage him to come get me- one of his favorite games - and he's in charge and so proud of himself each time he does it.  We danced a little too- he loved watching me doing the hokey pokey along with the elmo video.  Maybe I should draw the curtains for such odd displays of child entertainment.  He went down quickly although with quite a fuss.  I hope we have another decent night of sleep.  It's only another 2 days until Nathan comes back to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment