Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 17 - Fri - final day of sound

I thnk we focused on the fish fry most of the day.  Which was a good alternative to focusing on how Oliver slept only in 2 hour shifts that night.  I wouldn't have made it without Nathan and was just hoping that he would do better that night after Nathan left.  It's now Sunday so I can't remember all the details of the day.

1st Dive/Sound- he fell asleep on the way home and Nathan sat in the parking lot for 15 minutes with him but it was a short one.  We spent the rest of the time in the apartment. 

2nd Dive/Last Sound Session - it wasn't a notable dive but I had been having his caregiver bring the bag with a diaper and wipes in for the last few days because he had been working on dirtying it and I didn't want it to happen inside the chamber when they weren't prepared.  I had mentioned the problem to the accupuncturist and had given 2 oz of prune juice in the morning.  We were mid-conversation at about 5 minutes left of the sound tape and I heard the tell-tale messy noise.  But I thought it wasn't worth getting up for- he was in a good paper diaper and we needed to finish the last 5 minutes.  We made it to the end of the tape but I had to call in the reinforcements with towels and help.  I wrapped him in a towel as they 409'd the chair we had been in and I had to change us both in the bathroom there before coming home!  It was so gross.  It was probably because I had just been telling people that Oliver had never peed on us. 

With his belly feeling better and being freshly washed and all, he slept for an hour before we headed down for the fish fry at the outreach soup kitchen place below.  They have it every other Friday.  It was great!  We ate at the neighbor's house- she's here with her 7 year old son.  And then Nathan left.  Oliver and I played upstairs in the apartment for a couple of hours and then off to bed.  Although it took a long time he was down for 7 hours for his first shift of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment