Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday- day off

I closed the door to his room at 6:45 and didn't see him again until 4 in the morning.  Unfortunately I woke about every hour keeping tabs on how long he'd been sleeping.  And although it took more than an hour, he went back down for another 2 hours.  So when do you nap a kid that's just slept 11 hours? 

We watched an old Sesame Street episode with an Elmo's world we hadn't seen before and I tried to get him to nap in preparation for a trip into town.  But if you've slept 11 hours do you really need a morning nap?  So instead I tried to get him to say "ma" on purpose and gave that up too.  He was good in town but then I knew we needed to come back to eat and try for a nap.  He had fun eating but his nap was only 30 minutes.  Then I didn't know what to do with him.  We tried going for a walk.  The best part about the walk was a pretty stream that flowed over some rocks coming down the hill and going under the road we were walking on.  So we stopped to look directly up at the water as it flowed down this hill.  He really enjoyed that - it was so cute.  And back at home I resorted to elmo after he was tired of his toys. 

I got distracted at bedtime having him roll and play on the bed.  He did a lot of good strength training stuff =) I'll have to figure out a way to mimic this setup at home.  I'm really looking forward to being home.  I got him down a little late - after 7 - so I hope for another good night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment