Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 3 - Wed- with Nathan

Why do I always miss the big stuff?  Those baby books offer places for you to write things like first words etc. but I need to make a place for this one.

First Time that Baby was SO ASLEEP he couldn't be awakened from a Nap.  Wed, Nov. 4th.

WHAT?!  my baby?! 

AM- had to dive with another new person- Sarah - with Elmo on though no one heard a peep from him.
So then Nathan took him to the apartment and after an hour of deep sleep needed to wake the child to get him back for the second dive.  Said he was so fast asleep he kept falling back asleep and was hard to wake up to get here.  Wow.   Wow. 

PM- Elmo again- pleasant dive  Took another nap for nathan although short

I got back to the apartment after my day in VA for the appointment around 6.  I was hoping Oliver would still be up.  Boy was he!  That child was revved up and ready to go - playing in the new Elmo walker I picked up for him, babbling, walking in the walker (backwards) and having a grand time. 

Finally, at 7:45 we decided we had better get him to sleep - (6 is the usual bedtime) He sucked on his hands (both - he hadn't let the left hand in there for at least a month) and laughed at nothing (his newest thing as of a few weeks ago) he let me sing to him and cried out a few times but after just 20 minutes was passed out cold.  Easy for me to put him down on the bed too (something that previously required valium to accomplish).

He did wake up twice - once after 2 hours -with a cough and again a few hours later but we didn't have to go in.  He slept for 8 hours straight.  Woke for the usual hour to eat and didn't get up until 7am. 

2 comments:

  1. I am hopeful that this treatment will help Oli in every way it possiably can. I will send an enormous ammount of prayers your way.

    Thinking Of You All,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete