Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 14- sleep okay- accupuncture appt, molar

I should have put him down for bed sooner.  He woke up for a cuddle at the usual midnight time but then 20 minutes later needed round 2 of cuddling.  Then he woke at 3 instead of 4.  When he woke at 3 though he was so cute and happy and talkative.  It's no wonder it took me more than an hour to get him down again.  And I guess 2 hours is his max for second shift of sleeping because he woke up an hour earlier than the previous few days.

1st Dive/Sound - average
Very short nap- maybe not even 20 minutes and after that and eating it was time to get back to the center
2nd Dive/Sound -  Elmo is losing it's effectiveness and I worried about driving to Boone with an already grumpy boy, not receptive to Elmo and who wouldn't sleep in the car.  The sound session was weird- rock-like and quick and jumpy.  They didn't seem to mind it but we could hear it from the 2 louder headphones.  (Oliver's headphone set it on a lower volume)

We were a few minutes late leaving the center for the appointment time we had.  I hate rushing.  I kept Elmo off for Oliver to nap but with a 35/40 minute drive it's never a good recipe for sleep.  He fussed or cried for all but the last 5 minutes when he finally fell asleep and then we were there.  The doctor was impressed by his reaction to the last treatment and his amount of sleep.  I asked what would it mean if he didn't keep it up.  She assured me that we would be able to tell one way or the other if we were on the right track with treatments.  And when she was checking his head he was lying down on his back wailing so I took the opportunity to look in his mouth.  He has a molar coming in on the Left side.  It's the right side he's been chewing on for months.  She asked if his teething seemed drawn out.  I told her that once I felt a tooth it could still take a month to pop through.  She said that coincided with things she was already working on so maybe he'll get a little teething relief. 

We did stop for elmo DVDs and he was pretty good in the store.  At home we had enough time to eat and get straight to bed.  It was a quick 20 minutes to get him to fall asleep but 20 minutes later he was up.  As I sat in his room with him for the next 40 minutes to get him back to sleep I realized it was probaby a noise issue.  Even with the noise machine on high right next to his head the noises were sharp and startling.  I guess it's still better than shared housing though.  A consideration if there is a next time.  I could switch his room but Nathan is coming in tonight and that would make sleeping arrangements awkward.  But he slept well from that point although his schedule was off.  He woke early- at 2, without needing the cuddle time but 2 is not ideal.  It took Forever to get him down again and then he was up at 6.  I should be glad it wasn't earlier.  And I wonder if the noises from the kitchen woke him in the morning. 

Another parent said her son woke in the middle of the night as well and took a long time to fall back asleep.  We always wonder if it's the sound.  Who knows right?

No comments:

Post a Comment