Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 8 - rain & sleep

It's raining here- maybe that's why he's slept well.  Who knows why he ever sleeps well.  He basically slept from 7 to 5, waking once for just 30 minutes.  Then because he got up early, after an hour he went back down for a nap for 45 minutes.

1st Dive- His ears are still doing alright and his dive went well.  We always do the sound thing after the dive so we moved right into that room and he didn't fall asleep this time since he had already napped.  We played after the sound - as we did last week.  He is definitely rolling easier and I noticed that his top leg is more able to swing all the way over, in the way needed to roll over onto his stomach.  It's not flawless or anything- he still struggles at it sometimes but he's getting much better.  He has a lot of fun with this so that makes him happy.  He's a squirmy one now.  It's strange to finally have that baby that rolls to the side getting away during the diaper changes.  And I actually have to place him in the middle of the bed because he'll work hard to get himself off the edge thanks to my bizarre game.  I'm proud of him though.  He seemed tired so we went back to the apartment to try for a nap - which we actually got!  30 minutes- which was just barely short enough to get us back for the 2nd dive. 

2nd Dive- We were so rushed to get here, change a diaper, feed him a little etc before going in.  He did well even though they weren't watching elmo the whole time.  We did the sound thing and then played on the floor.  I would have liked to go for a walk but with the rain and the closest town 20 minutes away we just came back to the apartment. 

I got him to nap again - very short and then I had to figure out ways to entertain us.  We watched laughing babies on you tube- and he laughed at them laughing- it was pretty funny.  Then I found videos of babies jumping in their jumper things and put Oliver in his to copy the other babies.  That worked for a short while.  We watched some elmo and then used the elmo walker up and down the hallway. 

It took over an hour for him to fall asleep tonight.  He was having such a hard time just giving in to sleep although I was sure he was tired.  The sound/AIT and the nasonex can get in the way of sleep.  I don't think his ears were bothering him or anything.  Finally he fell asleep sort of bent over in my arms instead of a reclined position.  He used to need that position for security.  I haven't needed to do that for him in a long time.  But then he was pretty easy to put down.  (not always the case on difficult nights)  Again, I'm feeling the early bedtime just in case.  I'm pretty tired of the solo night thing.  Can't wait until Nathan can help on Thursday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment