Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 12 - Sat - 11 hours of night sleep & plenty of energy

So he woke up twice but it was still almost 11 hours of sleep.  He didn't get up until 7:30 which left me a little time to be awake before he woke up- always a treat. 

1st - I guess I had told everyone in the first dive how he slept so much- everyone else is having trouble with their kids being wired and not sleeping but Oliver's sleep was more impressive than the others.  And I told them about the accupuntuce.  I left the center to come back and do stuff at the apartment and when I returned they were exiting the chamber.  Several people exclaimed as soon as they saw me that he had made this huge turnaround (or whatever term they used).  This of course intrigued the group in the 2nd time slot for the 1st dive - they were sitting around waiting - so I told them all about the accupuncture and sleep too. 
No sound today- we just do 5 days a week for 2 weeks.  I'm glad.  All the other parents "blame" the sound for making their kids super hyper.  One mom said that hers woke up at 2am to start the day.  They all seemed to be affected after the same sound session. 

Oliver didn't appear to want to nap but I brought him home after playing on the floor at the center and got a short 30 minute nap.  I hate it when you're all set up for sleep and nature calls.  3 times.  And so although you started the nap with plenty of time you end up cutting it close.  I guess it doesn't matter when you have a power napper.  He almost always wakes up with plenty of time to get to the next dive.  And I wonder if he isn't doing better in the digestive department - he's been a night pooper recently so this day thing is probably better all around.

2nd - he wasn't as well behaved.  They started with an elmo that he was tired of and who knows what makes a difference.  We sat around after talking to the 2nd group and that was nice.  I got another idea for a therapy to try in DC while we're up there next month.  Better to do it then so I can be all finished for a while like I've been planning. 

I brought him home to get him fed and he was so playful and not at all tired.  I couldn't make myself try a nap- it's torture for me too.  So instead we took our time eating and played in the high chair.  Then we moved to the exersaucer where I swear he played for at least an hour!  20+ minutes was trying to pick up puffs from the food tray on the exersaucer - he spun all around checking out the different toys and at one point, for some reason, I removed a toy- they clip into holes in the unit.  He discovered the hole and was trying to look down through it to see what was in there.  It was the first time I've seen him really try to peer into something and/or understand what he's looking at.  I put buster the duck under there to play peekabo and he thought that was hilarious.  Finally I took him out to go for a walk. 

The walk never happened because we were also on a mission to get some raw milk.  There was a slight problem with the glass jars of the gallons brought to us from home and so we are short 2 gallons.  A technician drew us a great map - all her maps are great but not to scale and so I didn't realize how long it would take to get there.  We got the milk but it was late/getting dark by then.  I had sworn the night before to start getting him to bed sooner so we got home for bath/meal time around 5:45.  His bath tonight was absolutely horrific.  If we hadn't known the neighbors I think they might have called the police on me.  It was really awful- he's never acted half this bad at a bathtime before.  I don't know what his problem was.  It was all I could do to keep him in the tub (sits over the sink kind - yes he's too big for it but it's the best method I have).  He seemed so upset by it that I'm not sure what I'll do if it keeps up.  The early start to bedtime was again stalled by nature's call and I finally had him down at 6:45 after just 25 minutes of fussiness- not too bad.  We'll see how the night goes.  If it's another good one then I might just be advertising the benefits of accupunture (or...)

No comments:

Post a Comment