Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 13 - still sleeping

That's 3 days of 11 hours at night.  No one can cross their fingers as hard as I can when it comes to this trend continuing.  Oh how I could lead a normal life if only my child would sleep.  He's not really napping but the night sleep is key.  So here's an example of how people are funny.  At lunch yesterday we were in a restaurant - a waffle house type thing- and the couple next to me talked to me as if we shared a table for the meal.  Their 5 month old just started sleeping through the night- their daughter had accomplished it in just 1 month.  I said that Oliver was still working on it.  The man kind of leaned in as if sharing a secret- "what you do is get ya a little benadryl".  I wanted to come back with a sassy southern accent "honey - this child's had valium that won't solve his sleep problems"  Everyone that's had kids is an expert.  And one day someone is going to have something for me that actually works on my child.  Did I tell you about the time that someone asked if we had tried using a mobile- one of those music/rotating animal thingies in the crib.  "Oh my gosh!  If only I had known that was the secret- we could have been using one all along!!!!"  He loved his mobile - but not for sleep.  did that sound too mean?

1st Dive - fine- and sound started up again today - wasn't exactly looking forward to it in case it was causing some of the disruptions for him. 
Meager 20 minute nap at home but before that we ate and had a pretty good time.
2nd - pulled his hood off twice they said- it's more of an issue that he detaches one part from another - and I think he can't move his hands on purpose!  Sound- I sort of use another kid in there to gauge how it's treating him.  Last week it was a TR night that every parent said their kid was bad- after the 2nd session of the sound that day they all were either bouncing off the walls or woke up super early etc.  The sound this afternoon seemed to be a bit more troublesome than the morning.  They say that the frequencies will affect different people differently but I watch the other boy just in case it gives a clue. 

Oliver was pretty good lying on the floor after both sound sessions today.  I always have to run to the bathroom and so I just leave him to play and he was alright with it.  At home we ate and tried for a nap - another 20 minute power nap and it was pretty late - after 3.  So when he got up we headed out for a walk before it got dark and then to pick up more milk form the local farm.  What would I do without that TV and elmo in the car?  We always seem to be eating- it was time to eat again when we got back and he did really well with his baby mac and cheese.  I remember when he first started eating we gave him ridiculously small amounts on the spoon and only gradually increased.  Plus we always tilted him way back- either in the crook of my leg or in the reclined high chair.  I haven't bothered with either the recline or the gradual.  I've been shoving 1/3 to 1/2 spoonfulls (the smaller type baby spoon) to a straight up Oliver since yesterday and he only started eating a few days ago.  I actually never did recline him - I was being lazy I guess but I'm glad it's working out- it proves that he's working his tongue better instead of just letting the food slide down.  I'm pretty excited but trying not to get too excited just in case.  So then instead of giving him a bath- I couldn't handle the screams - and instead of going to bed at a decent hour - I put him in the exersaucer - he loves this toy now!  I can visualize a day when I can put him in it and walk into the next room.  Nathan gets away with it but one day so will I.  =)

So I had to pay for delaying the bedtime - or maybe it was the aggitation of the sound.  It took an hour and he was really worked up.  I hear him stirring now and he's only been down for 45 minutes so hopefully I can write tomorrow about day 4 of good sleep.  We see the accupunturist tomorrow afternoon in case that's the helpful treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment