Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 9 - Wednesday

Well, the sleep last night wasn't anything to be excited about.  And I'm not a huge fan of 5 in the morning so at least Sesame Street is on at that time. 

1st Dive - good- they are all pretty much good now.  I'll only note from here on out if there is anything different, good or ortherwise, or if his ears are any worse.  He is still a grade 2 or better so I think we'll make it through. 
Sound- he fell asleep and then someone in the next room slammed a door or something so that was only about a 15 minute nap.

2nd Dive -
Sound- He fell asleep soon into this one and I could hear on the other headphones (his is much softer so I can't hear his) that it was pretty normal sounding music and some of it relaxing.  But that only gave us a 20 minute nap. 

I tried for more napping back at the apartment but that has never worked.  Once he's up, he's up.  So I gave up and decided we could go into town for a few things.  I bought some things for the apartment to help them update their collection.  The teflon pans had teflon flaking off- a bit toxic I think.  They didn't ask us to pay the utilities fees this month so I thought I would go ahead and get a few things in appreciation.  The other parents have been doing the same thing.  He was alright in town but looked a little pale and sleepy of course. 

Bedtime wasn't too hard since he as so tired and I've been staying up later than usual to clean and put away all the new kitchen/house stuff since I know the reinforcements are arriving tonight (nathan).  I'm pretty exhausted.  I think I'm a lot like these kids here for treatment- I really thrive on my usual schedule and this is just strange for me.  Oliver has adjusted just fine and so have I but I can't wait until Thanksgiving to be home again and we'll even have Nathan's parents there to help us celebrate (and just to help us). 

Tomorrow is the half-way point!

No comments:

Post a Comment